Puerto de Sta Isabel is the historic Taytay Fort, built in 1667, under the Augustinian Recollect Fathers, was used as a military station during that period. The fort's small chapel and cannon are still intact. Constructed in 1667-1738, it is under the National Museum of the Philippines. It is located in Poblacion, Taytay, Palawan, reachable in eight hours of land travel. From the Malvar Terminal in Puerto Princesa, one can take a Taytay bound jeepney or bus and get off at the Taytay church. The fort can be reached by a three-minute walk from the church. Taytay is 215kilometers from Puerto Princesa City.
Labels: Puerto de Sta Isabel